Unusual dreams are a particularly interesting part of my life. In one dream I was hollering at my two best friends on a cobbled street in London and right in the middle of the dispute, we suddenly became African American. In another dream, I was trying to do my homework at Chuck E Cheese’s but I was distracted due to the presence of Tim Allen at my table. In yet another dream, a co-worker of mine was in the process of helping an aged woman sign papers. The papers unexpectedly flew into the ocean sized pool that was nearby and I jumped in to save them. In the ocean/pool there were, of course, hungry man-eating sharks, but thankfully I was able ride my way to safety with the convenient help of a surf board and an impeccably timed wave. Is there a deep meaning hidden behind these dreams? I don’t really think so. I just assume that I’m mad at my best friends, I wish I was in London, I want to quarrel like an African American, I need more entertainment in my life (supposedly in the form of Chuck E Cheese), I’m stressed about finishing my homework, I’ve watched too many Home Improvement episodes, I’m irritated with co-workers and Shark week was advertised for weeks on discovery channel. Maybe I should write a book – “Dream Interpretations, by a Girl Who Knows Nothing about Dreams, but Has Weird Ones of Her Own”. –According to Sigmund Freud, dreams are heavy in symbolism and often show the true intent and emotions of a human being –
Post the weirdest dream that you have had and I will interpret it!
Thanks for reading my meaningless rant
11 comments:
I had a dream that I was engaged to my own Grandfather....on my mom's side. I had the ring and everything and i remember the ring in great detail. It is a thick silver band and then it has three small cutouts (a heart a star and a square) with diamonds in those shapes. What in the world could this mean??
OK so you feel like you won't be able to get married until your older and that makes you nervous because the only old man you know is your grandfather. It also makes you nervous because you're not sure if you will be attracted to old men. The thick silver band of the ring represents how you feel weighed down by the decision, almost as if the band is strangling you, but what other choice do you have? You are old. The heart represents the love you will never have for the old man, the star represents the hope that someone else will come along, and the square means that something doesn't feel right (which is obvious). So the overall meaning? You are worried that you will never find the right guy and you will remain an old maid all your life. Don't fret dear Becky, you will find him before long. Did this help?
Here's the dream I had last night: The ocean was the backyard to my big white mansion (with huge glass windows and pillars). You could walk out the backside of my mansion and the ocean is right there. It was all mine. The ocean was divided up into lanes like a swimming pool. Above my house flew a HUGE Argentina flag. It looked like it was half the size of my mansion. The sky was gray and very overcast. It was windy. I saw myself standing there in my backyard looking up and noticing the weather and the flag at the same time. I was in a stupor of thought.
What the heck is this supposed to mean? That I've been watching the Olympics too much?
p.s. I believe the jewelry holders cost around $100 for both the mannequin and the hand. It's Pottery Barn, therefore It's expensive. I mean who has an extra $100 to spend on something to hold their jewelry? Maybe if I lived in that white mansion. :)
Ok, you feel overwhelmed with a choice, or some kind of experience and that is why everything is so big and overbearing. Everything is towering over you and you feel like you can't win, or that you can't go fast enough (racing lanes in the ocean). I'm not sure about the Argentinian flag...maybe it is some kind of vision of where you will go on a mission...or maybe just the effect of too much olympics. The sky being gray and overcast makes you feel like you don't have a whole lot of time because you fear the unknown. So my final conclusion is that you are taking life too fast. Stop and smell the roses! You have plenty of time to accomplish all the things you want in life because you are only 19! You also are giving yourself hefty goals that even you aren't sure you will be able to accomplish. Just take it one day at a time, one storm at a time and you will win the gold!!! :) Did this help?
Hahaha, quite interesting. I've had a lot of pretty weird dreams, but here's a semi-recent one that I can remember fairly clearly:
So I had some kind of special bond with this humongous, larger-than-life whale. This whale was my pet, my companion, and my family. We both lived on the ocean (obviously) and I always rode around on its bare back. One day we decided that we needed to attack the Japanese. Dunno why, but we really felt it needed to be done. Maybe they offended the environment or something. Well we start attacking Japan (and it's feudal Japan for some reason) and we're pretty much pwning them, but then they begged for mercy and so we stopped because apparently China was planning to attack Japan soon and since we decimated most of Japan's naval force, they asked us to help out. We felt kinda bad, so we said we'd lead them aaaaand off we sailed (and swam) to China's coast. Oh, and the Japanese thought we were so amazing so they equipped us with a little battle seat/harness/armor. It was pretty cool, really. It was red and wooden and had cool, gold designs on it. It's kinda hard to explain how it looked, but to get into it I had to crawl under it and then I would pop my head up through this little hole. The hole protected me, but it really hurt to try and squeeze my head through there. It gave me a headache and it made it hard to swallow and breathe. ANYway, we get to China's coast in a matter of minutes (don't ask me how) but they've got this really tall wall with archers on it so my whale and I decide to make giant waves to wash over the wall and whisk the archers away. He starts waving his fins around and we're getting some serious waves but it's not enough fast enough and the archers start shooting at my whale. I tried knocking arrows away but one eventually lodged itself in his eye and we started to sink down. I didn't want to leave him but one of the Japanese dudes jumped in and pulled me away and onto one of their ships and I was screaming and bawling like mad. The Chinese end up capturing us and I think the last thing I really remember is standing in a humongous throne room and we're all tied up and in a line and I'm giving death glares to all the Chinese. Now interpret that!
xDD
Hi Dr. Freud. I had a dream that one of my classes was held in my fifth grade elementary school class. It was a calculus class or something like that. My Fifth-Grade teacher was still teaching it and the other kids in the class were ten-year-olds. But they didn't seem to be struggling at all. So what's with that?
Wow, Stace. That was......quite entertaining. Maybe you should go all Stephanie Myer on us and write a book about it. Well, my first thought was Stace, you have been playing too many video games lately, but then when do you not? Having the whale in your dream represents strength and tranquility. You let this power that you posses get out of hand when you attack Japan for hardly doing anything. When you feel as if you have taught Japan a lesson, you also look at all the damage you have made and begin to feel guilty. In return for the damage you have done, you agree to help Japan deal with their problems. Japan gives you gear and sends you out into the fore-front of the battle. As you struggle with all of your might to beat down those attacking you, your strength and tranquility (your whale) is taken down and you have to leave it behind. The chinese end up capturing you and you feel defeated. Ok, ready for the "real-life" part? So your life is great and for a while you were cruising along and everything was perfect. Then, you find yourself getting mad over little things that don't matter and causing a huge mess. When you realize that you were wrong you always feel bad and try to do what you can to make it up to the person. Sometimes people take advantage of your kindness and send you out to do all of the work or help them out more than is necessary. Along the way they build up your confidence so that you will stay and then when you are defeated they desert you and leave you to the Chinese...
This could also be applied to Satan. Keep fighting against him. Don't let him fool you into helping him because he will leave you in the end when you are trapped.
Todd, this could mean that you feel inadequate or like you need a challenge in your life. If you were failing to understand what was going on when all of the 10 year olds understood, then maybe something in your life is making you feel stupid, young, not up to par or inadequate. If you understood the class along with all of the children, then maybe you are feeling like your life is easy, or the things you are dealing with are easy and you need some kind a challenge to keep you going.
Wow this is priceless. I always have crazy dreams. Too many to mention actually. But a lot of them involve my beating up other people. I might need to get that check out by a professional.
Anyways, I like your blog Kristin! It's fun :) Keep it up.
P.S. This is Rusty Porter! Yay!
Kristin, you need to update you blog so that I can stay entertained during my breaks at school. Seriously, even things that I usually hate to hear and have heard a thousands times could be interesting the way you phrase them. Any topic will suffice; you know you want to humor me.
My past ten dreams have all had to do with water. Whether I am being swallowed up by waves as I surf on my warped board, or trying to save my house as water oozes out of the walls, or keeping my ship afloat while the water takes me from one place to the next, I am constanly fighting the water. I also had many dreams where the rain relentlessly cascaded down the background of my dream. For the most part, the water was bad; it was unwanted and painful. However, in one dream the water was peaceful, but in every case it was inevitable and constant. Water has been a major part of every dream I can remember from the last two or three weeks. My mom asked if I just needed to use the bathroom, but that was a resounding no. I am also usually trying to protect someone from the water. I was surfing with these children that I was accountable for. With the rain, I was supposed to care for my sister and my journals. With the boat I was in charge of my friend. What's with the water, and why did I feel so responsible for everyone?
Post a Comment